Managing the “Single Listing” Page
With Listable, our directory WordPress theme, we’ve adapted the famous WP Job Manager interface, added the necessary features, and create an easy-to-use system so you can create, manage and monetize a local or global directory site.
After you’ve followed the Getting Started guide, you can start adding listings. Find out how below.
Adding and Managing Listings
There are two ways to add a listing: through the WordPress Dashboard or directly from the Frontend, through the “Add a Listing” page. If you’re handling the listings by yourself, add them through Dashboard → Listings → Add New page.
There is a lovely step-by-step guide right inside the Add New page interface — this will surely get your way to adding your first listing.
*Note: You can still refer to the Adding Jobs via Admin article from the official WP Job Manager documentation. Even if some fields were changed to make things easier, the structure is the same.
Adjusting The Listing Layout
The elements on the listing page are carefully placed to ensure a good hierarchy throughout the page. Depending on your needs, you can change their order and placement using the available Widgetized Areas. Manage them from Appearance → Customize → Widgets and navigate to the Single Listing page.
- Single Listing » Content – The wider area where the main listing content should go.
- Single Listing » Sidebar Top – Placed at the top of the right sidebar, this area puts each widget in a visually different boxed container.
- Single Listing » Sidebar Bottom – Placed below the Sidebar Top, this area brings together all the widgets under the same container.
Currently, the following widgets are available:
- Listing » Actions – Buttons like “Write a Review”, “Share” or “Add to Favorites”.
- Listing » Content – Displays the main listing content.
- Listing » Reviews – Displays a list of recent reviews and the submission form. The free Comments Ratings plugin is required.
- Listing » Location Map – A Map View of the listing location along with a Directions link to Google Maps.
- Listing » Categories – The listing categories along with related icons.
- Listing » Hours – The Hours field content.
- Listing » Gallery Images – The attached images in a gallery grid format
- Listing » Tags – Used to display tags or amenities (optional using the Tags plugin)
*Note: Those widgets work only in the above-mentioned widget areas.