We live in a world where sharing has become a natural way of acting and reacting. We’re eager to let people know about amazing places, tasty food, or bold experiences.
That’s why social icons are much more than a witty approach to spreading messages. In fact, they are a solid gateway to encourage your audience to follow and connect with you by having a cordial and welcoming attitude. Moreover, it is a powerful strategy to create and consolidate a community relevant to your website.
The following steps give you a helping hand to get the social media icons in the website’s footer, just like in our demo. Just stick to the plan, and you are going to succeed.
- The very first move is to go to Appearance → Menus and click on Create a New Menu button. Give it a name like “Social Menu” and click on Create Menu;
- The next step is to add items to your new menu. To do that, click on the Custom Links option in the left panel;
- Start adding links to each of the social media platforms you want to display on your website like this:
- When you’re done, click on the Save Menu button on the right;
- Now go to Appearance → Widgets, search for the “Navigation Menu” widget and add it to the Footer Area. Once it’s there, select the menu you just created and click on Save.
Here’s a helpful video:
Which social icons are supported?
The theme automatically recognizes your social media network and adds the appropriate icon.
We support a bunch of social services, but we encourage you to be aware that not all of them bring real value. Also, don’t abuse these channels because nothing good will happen. Depending on your website and your goals, search for the right social services. Start by finding out where your audience likes to spend time and try to create witty liaisons.
However, here’s the complete list: Email, RSS Feeds (links with “feed” or “RSS”), Behance, Delicious, DeviantArt, Digg, Dribbble, Facebook, Flickr, FourSquare, GitHub, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Reddit, Skype, SoundCloud, Spotify, StumbleUpon, Tumblr, Twitter, Vimeo, Vine, Vkontakte, Sina Weibo, Xing, Yahoo, AngelList, Yelp, LastFM, SlideShare, and Twitch.