The Contact page is one of the most important pages on your website. In the end, you invest time, energy, and money to build a digital reputation because you want to engage with people and promote your work. That’s why creating such a page is an important task that you should consider. In this article, we walk you through the steps you need to follow to create a consistent Contact page.
Step 1 — Install a contact form plugin
We recommend using the WPForms Lite plugin—it’s one of the best drag-and-drop form builders we’ve tested so far. You can install this plugin by clicking on the Pixelgrade tab → scroll to the Manage Plugins section, and click on Install next to the “Contact Form” area.
Alternatively, you can install it by going into Plugins → Add New → search for WPForms. Once you find it, click on Install and then on Activate. You can opt anytime for the WPForms PRO version for more addons and options.
Step 2 — Create a Contact Form
You can create a simple form by following these steps:
- Go to the WPForms tab that shows up after you install the plugin and click on the Add New button;
- Enter a name for your form and select a template. We recommend to use the Simple Contact Form template;
- Now that you have selected a template, the Form Builder will take you to the Fields screen. Here you can customize the form fields, buttons, and options. Learn more about how to use these settings from this starting guide;
- Once your form is done, click on Save from the top right corner.
Here’s a helpful video:
Step 3 — Add the form to the Contact page
- From your site WordPress dashboard, add a new page and name it “Contact” or similar;
- Click on the [+] sign and search for “WPForms.” Alternatively, you can also write /wpforms and hit the Enter/Return key on your keyboard;
- In the block that shows up, select the form you just created;
- Save the page, and you’re done.