We want to help you start with the right foot in order to fully enjoy our WordPress theme. This is why you need to make sure you have a solid foundation for what’s next by installing the theme and the right plugins. We covered the basics to help you get ready and make the most out of this WordPress gem. The order of the following section is important, so please refer to it accordingly.
Install and Activate the Theme
One of the perks of WordPress in general and Noah Lite in particular is that you can start playing around with it in no time.
- Log into you WordPress Dashboard and navigate to Appearance → Themes.
- Click Add New button at the top of the page.
- Search for “Noah Lite” from the top right search field.
- Find the theme and click Install Now.
- Once the theme has been installed, click the Activate link.
Install and Connect Jetpack
Jetpack is a famous plugin developed by Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com. A huge numbers of hosting providers and WordPress authors recommend installing it from day one.
Here’s how you can do that on Noah Lite:
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard
- Go to Appearance → About Noah Lite → click on the Recommended Actions tab then click on Install and Activate
- In order to use its features, you just need to click the “Connect to WordPress.com” button, login with your WordPress.com account (or create one) and click “Authorize Jetpack”.
Activate the Portfolio
In order to be able to add projects, you need to make sure that they are activated. Go to Jetpack → Settings → Custom content types → and make sure that Portfolio option is active.
Noah Lite offers you an easy way to add projects that define your creative work. It uses the standard WordPress Images and Galleries to display your work.
Start by going to Projects → Add New and set a Title and a Featured Image that will be displayed on the Portfolio archive page.
Next, insert a gallery on your project content, by simply following these steps:
- Click on Add Media button at the top of the page, right under the title bar;
- Select Create Gallery from the left side of the popup window;
- Choose all the images that you would like to have in your gallery;
- Select the type of the gallery that you would like to approach using the Type field on the right side;
- Simply click on Insert Gallery.
If you would like to find out extra details about creating a gallery, you can check this article any time you want: Insert an Image Gallery.
Set up the Portfolio Front Page
The front page of your website say something about you, so make sure you use it wisely. There’s no second chance for a first impression, right? Let us walk you through the steps of achieving a great result on this one.
- Go to Page → click on Add new
- Set the Portfolio as Template from the right side of the page (under Page Attributes there’s a dropdown)
- Click on Publish to save the page
- Go on Settings → Reading → check Static Page (select below) option from the top of the page → select the above created page as “Front page” → click on Save Changes from the bottom, and it’s done.
Now you are ready to build a stunning website with Noah Lite. Make the most out of our WordPress theme, and don’t hesitate to aim for more. There’s always a way to improve everything.
Need More? Upgrade to Noah PRO
If you are looking for more flexibility and customizations options, awesome transitions and beautiful zoom‐in animations from grid based galleries to slideshows, check out the comparison table.