Adding your Logo
The logo is a crucial part of identifying a brand. It is what makes you-you as a symbol and a significant element to be recognized by the right people. Because of its huge relevance, we offer you two options to play with: you can add a graphic symbol (such as an image) or a text version (logotype). You choose a font, and we help you fine-tune the logo after its personality.
Of course, a stand-alone logo is not sufficient for creating a strong brand. You also need a system to correctly use all the elements: from logo to colors, from the visual identity to the verbal one. However, read further to learn what you need to do to insert a logo within your website correctly.
Before you start
In order to properly make things happen with the font, we highly suggest you take into consideration these factors:
- File Formats
You should be aware that a logo looks best in a .png or .svg format with a transparent background. If your logo file doesn’t have a transparent background, it’s likely that your logo will partly cover the background image.
- Logo Size
We encourage you to have a larger image for your logo. Try to use a high dimension of the logo, and we’ll do the rest by scaling it. This way the logo will adapt to any screen size (both desktop and mobile).
Adding a Logo Image
Now that you know what’s better to do when setting up your logo, here’s what you have to do in order to upload it on your WordPress site:
- In your WordPress Dashboard go to Theme Options
- In the new panel that opens out go to General and click the Main Logo area to open the Media Manager.
- Select an image that’s already in your Media Library, or upload a new one.
- When you finish you’ll see the logo in the preview window.
- To activate the logo on your site, click the Save changes button from the bottom-right corner.
It couldn’t be easier than that, and you’ve already made an important step in order to personalize your upcoming website.
Using a Text Version
If you don’t have any graphic symbol that stands for your business, we recommend you choose the text option instead. It’s a good switch if you’re careful with details like the font and its size.
In this case, simply use the Site Title field under Site Title & Logo.
Changing the Logo height
In case your logo does not show up at the preferred size on your website, have no worries, you can adjust it in a few easy steps.
To change the logo height, follow the steps below:
- In your WordPress Dashboard go to Appearance → Customize
- Navigate to Layout Elements → Header → Logo Height and use the slider to adjust the logo height to match your needs.