As galleries are at the core functionality of our Border theme, we’ve prepared a straightforward management system, which will empower you to manage and enhance your work through galleries, in no time. You can add new galleries from Galleries → Add New page.
Adding Images to a Gallery
All you have to do in order to enrich your gallery with images is to click on Add Image and a modal window will show up (the Media Uploader). Here you can Drag & Drop images from your computer or add already uploaded images to the gallery.
*Note: In the same modal window, after adding images you can drag & drop them to change their order.
Gallery Specific Options
The galleries have a set of specific options that will allow you to control the layout & style.
The Template Style option will allow you to specify whether your gallery will be a Grid Layout or a Slideshow (slider).
- Grid Layout — can be either a square grid (equally sized grid items) or a masonry layout (each image will be displayed with its original aspect ratio).
- Grid Thumbnails — Square or Masonry options to choose from, in order to display your gallery as we’ve mentioned above;
- Show gallery title — The title of the gallery will be displayed in the first block, near your images;
- Social Share Buttons — Display your social sharing buttons;
- Exclude From Archives — Exclude the gallery from the galleries archives (main, categories, etc).
- Slideshow — will display your images in a fullscreen slideshow with border (with the possibility of extending it to a true fullscreen setting via the top right button). Videos will be also shown directly in the slider.
- Image Scaling — Allows you to control how we will layout the images in the given screen space of the slider. The Fill setting will stretch and crop your images to completely fill the space. The Fit option will shrink your images the completely fit in space without any cropping, but with empty spaces;
- Show Nearby Images — Allows you to show the previous and the next image left and right of the main center image (50% of the horizontal screen space will be occupied by the center image and the remaining 25%+25% by the next and previous);
- Slider Transition — Allows you choose whether the slides will move or fade when going to the next or previous slide;
- Slider Autoplay — Allows you to set the slider to automatically start when loading the page. Once activated you have the option of setting the Autoplay Delay Between Slides (in milliseconds);
- Full‐Screen Button — Allows you to hide or show the top right button that allows your visitors to enter the slideshow in full‐screen mode for a more distraction‐free experience;
- Social Share Buttons;
- Exclude From Archives.
When creating a gallery with the Slideshow template you can choose to display an animated cover over the first slide image.
You can choose from the three different cover styles and set the title and subtitles for each, along with the Text Color. All the settings regarding the fonts, font sizes for these two text types (depending on the cover style) are controlled from Customizer.
You can combine all of the above with the option to Use the first gallery image as a cover.
Adding Videos to a Gallery
Every image from a gallery can behave as a holder of a YouTube or Vimeo video.
From the edit gallery modal window, when selecting an image, an optional Video URL input field will appear in the right sidebar. There you can paste a YouTube/Vimeo URL along with choosing if you want to Enable Video Autoplay option.
Note that image will open the video in a modal if is in a Gallery Grid or Masonry Template. If it’s in a slider, the video will be shown as a slide.
Adding External Links to a Gallery
While you are still in the edit gallery modal, you should know that an image can also act as an external link. Which means that when you’ll click on the image it will open a new tab with the attached URL.
Well, this was a long one, right? Nonetheless, this is the backbone of Border so we have put most of our effort into it. We hope you enjoy the tools we have devised to help you beautifully showcase your awesome creations.