You need to make sure that your readers can share what they read on our website and spread the word about you. The easiest way to do that is by using Social Share Buttons. There are plenty of tools that help you do that, so we did thorough research and concluded that the best option is the Social Warfare plugin.
This article will show you how to use this plugin and why we consider it the best one.
Step 1: Install the plugin
To install the plugin you need to do like with any other plugin. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Social Warfare website and choose the plan that suits your needs better. You can also start with the free version that you can find here;
- Download the plugin on your computer;
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard to Plugins → Add New;
- Upload the zip file you downloaded and activate it.
Step 2: Set up the plugin
The plugin authors—a team of designers, developers, and content creators—focused on ease of use and came up with an awesome yet powerful set up for their plugin. After activation, you can choose the style, the position, the behavior, and much more by accessing the Social Warfare button in your WordPress Dashboard.
For those of you looking for more, there are also some advanced options available.
If you want the sharing options displayed only while reading a blog post, follow these steps:
- From your WordPress Dashboard, click on the Social Warfare icon in the left panel;
- Scroll to the Position Share Buttons section, and for the Home, Archive & categories, and Page post types set the Static Buttons to “None/Manual Placement”—here’s a helpful screenshot.
We strongly recommend Social Warfare plugin because it works beautifully, can be easily customized, and works flawlessly with our themes. We encourage you to give it a try, and you’ll thank us later. 🙂
Learn more about it on the Social Warfare website.