The Contact page is one of the most important pages on your website. In the end, you invest time, energy, and money to build a digital reputation because you want to engage with people and promote your work. That’s why creating such a page is an important task that you should consider. In this article, we walk you through the steps you need to follow to create a consistent Contact page.
Allowing your readers to reach you easily is crucial for your business. This is why we implemented the simplest way to create a contact page. Now, using the Gridable plugin is easier than ever to do that.
All you have to do is use your imagination and create some grids with the most important info about you and your business. This is how we did on our demo, and the outcome is pretty awesome. Next, we will show you exactly the steps needed to achieve that.
Step 1 – Install the Gridable plugin and build the contact page
First, you need to make sure the Gridable plugin is installed and activated. If you followed the instruction from when you activated Fargo, you should already have it installed and activated.
To check, go to the Pixelgrade tab and scroll to the Manage plugins section. If Gridable is not installed, you should see an Install button next to it. Click on it, and in a few moments, it should install and activate.
Alternatively, you can install it by going into Plugins → Add New → search for “Gridable.” Once you find it, click on Install and then on Activate.
The next step is to create your contact page. From your WordPress Dashboard, create a new page and name it “Contact” or similar. Now, all you need is to play around with Gridable to get the desired layout for your contact page.
In the video below, you can see a straightforward and easy to follow example.
Feel free to experiment, and share with us the final result as well as the experience itself. We’re continuously improving Gridable, so your feedback matters.
Step 2 — Create a Contact Form
To add a contact form to your page, you need to use a dedicated plugin like WPForms. You can install this plugin by clicking on the Pixelgrade tab → scroll to the Manage Plugins section, and click on Install next to the “Contact Form” area.
Alternatively, you can install it by going into Plugins → Add New → search for “WPForms.” Once you find it, click on Install and then on Activate. You can opt anytime for the WPForms PRO version for more addons and options.
You can create a simple form by following these steps:
- Go to the WPForms tab that shows up after you install the plugin and click on the Add New button;
- Enter a name for your form and select a template. We recommend to use the Simple Contact Form template;
- Now that you have selected a template, the Form Builder will take you to the Fields screen. Here you can customize the form fields, buttons, and options. Learn more about how to use these settings from this starting guide;
- Once your form is done, click on Save from the top right corner.
Here’s a helpful video:
Step 3 — Add the form to the Contact page
- Copy the shortcode generated by WPForms. You should find it by going to WPForms → All Forms → next to your form name you should see a Shortcode area (see print screen);
- From your site WordPress dashboard, go to Pages and open the “Contact” page you just created;
- Paste the form shortcode into the text editor.