We’re a design-centered studio who shares a real passion for typography and all its characteristics: from admeasurement to spacing until hierarchy. That’s why we have a strong focus on offering you enough room in order to find the right match between the type layer and your unique branding approach.
Changing the font style and characteristics
Using theme you can make different font adjustments — change font family, weight, and size, set a letter spacing and choose a text decoration. You can do that for different elements of your website, like Navigation Menu, Headings, Body Text, Blog Grid Items. Depending on what particular text you’re willing to adjust, there’s a specific path for each one:
- Navigation Menu Fonts: Appearance → Customize → Header → Fonts tab (screenshot);
Navigation Menu Fonts and Site Title: Appearance → Customize → Header → Fonts tab
- Body Text, including quotes and headings: Appearance → Customize → Main Content → Fonts tab.
Body Text, including page title, intro block text, quotes, and headings: Appearance → Customize → Main Content → Fonts tab
- Blog Archive: Appearance → Customize → Blog Grid Items → Fonts tab.
- Limit yourself to only a few fonts: it’s best to stick with two fonts but if you’re feeling ambitious, three is the maximum.
- We recommend you to always use headings in order to create hierarchy and coherence within the structure of one page or another.
Use Premium Fonts
If you want to go even further, you can always appeal to custom fonts. You can quickly make that happen through seamless integration with Fonto, our side-project. For further details, you can read this helpful article about this plugin.