Managing the MegaMenu System
As you can see in our demo, we have integrated a nifty mega menu system that allows you to display the latest posts from a certain category (or post format) in the form of post cards or slider plus post cards (it’s your choice).
How to add and configure the MegaMenu
To add it to your navigation, follow the steps below:
- From your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance → Menus;
- Go to the menu that has the Header Menu as its display location (view screenshot for details), and add a menu item that is a category or a post format archive link (only as top-level items, not submenus);
- Click on the newly added menu item, and you will see its properties in a new field. Select a MegaMenu layout of your choice between the three available options: Default, Latest Posts, and Slider + Latest Posts.
Let’s detail what each option does:
- Default: will display the submenus as a list. Here’s a screenshot for more details.
- Latest Posts: will display post cards alongside the submenu list (if there is one). Here’s a screenshot for more details.
- Slider + Latest Posts: will display a posts slideshow alongside the post cards and the submenu list (if there is one). Here’s a screenshot for more details.
Where do these posts come from?
The posts displayed as post cards are the latest posts from that specific category or post format. As for the slideshow, these posts have “Add to Category Slider” checked in the post editor right sidebar (see below).
That is it. You are now a master of the MegaMenu system. Have a go at it.
Updated on May 21, 2021