To ease the way photographers interact with their clients, we’ve created a protected straightforward environment to discuss and proof photos from photo shootings, all in an interactive interface.
You can see it live in action, here (password: nice).
Step 1 — Installing PixProof
PixProof is a custom plugin that is meant to ease the way photographers interact with their clients and can be installed from the WordPress Dashboard via the recommended plugins notification.
Step 2 — Creating a Proof Gallery
In no time, you can create a proof gallery from Proof Galleries→ Add New.
Step 3 — Configuring the Proof Gallery
Firstly, you’ll see the default text editor which will allow you to enter a “story” that will be displayed on the gallery page.
Secondly, there is the PixProof Gallery section, which provides the necessary specific settings, as following:
- Gallery — Allows you to enrich your gallery with images by clicking on the three pictures icons;
- Client Name — Allows you to enter the client name which will be displayed in the FrontEnd;
- Date — Allows you to enter the date of the gallery;
- Photos Display Name — Allows the identifications of each photo by Unique IDs, Consecutive IDs, File Name, Unique IDs and Photo Title, Consecutive IDs and Photo Title;
- Client .zip archive — Allows you to upload a .zip archive so the client can download it via the Download link. Leave it empty to hide the link.
Step 4 — Password Protected Gallery
Now that you have setup the Proof Gallery, all you have to do is to set a password by going up to the Publish Panel→ Visibility → Edit→ Password Protected.
You are good to go! Email the client with the URL and the password. They will be greeted to enter the password in order to access the gallery.
Understanding the Client Workflow
The workflow that we have envisioned is a pretty straightforward one, as following:
- You (the photographer) upload the photos;
- The client comes in and selects the ones he likes (eventually offering comments through the form on the bottom of the gallery page – this is why we have left the image id so you can reference the images in your discussions);
- You make the adjustments, remove/re‐upload/edit the gallery and the process continues.
*Note: You can mention the photos in comments via the photo ID which means that we will automatically link any #XXXX with a link to that specific image so you’ll find it easier.
That is pretty much of it. You can now go back and forth with your client to settle on the best photos that will make for that awesome album.