We all know how important is to narrow the gap between your website and an audience. Sharing content through Share buttons is such a normal and familiar thing to do in the digital area. People are eager to let friends know about stories they read and enjoy, photos that an inspiration for them, or a video that makes perfect sense. Consistent sharing means an extra opportunity to grow your network and increase relevant traffic sources for your website.
Before you jump in:
- We support this sharing functionality by using the Social Sharing module from Jetpack. Please make sure you go to Jetpack → Settings → Engagement and activate the Sharing unit.
- Each theme allows a specific spot to showcase the social icons. However, we indicate the best place in order to empower people to share your content.
- Keep a limited number of call to action buttons for social sharing, and make sure they are in resonance with your target’s preferences and behaviors.
Configure your Sharing Services by following these three simple steps:
- Navigate to Settings → Sharing in your site’s dashboard.
- Under Sharing Buttons, drag and drop the services you want to use into the Enabled Services area.
- Click Save and you’re ready to go.
Disabling Sharing On Specific Pages
If you think some of the sharing buttons are becoming irrelevant on specific pages, then feel free to change that. You can disable them in no time on a per-post or page basis with the checkbox(es) in the Sharing tab of the editor.