Making money as a blogger is a common strategy for those who plan to invest into their online presence. There are several ways to achieve this kind of financial security, and one of them is by inserting ads within your content. We highly recommend you to choose the type of ads carefully by always thinking of your audience and its particular needs. In the end, nobody wants to be part of some useless noise, right?
In this article, we walk you through how you can easily insert ads on your Blog Archive Page for more engagement.
We created a step by step guide that will help you understand how to get the job done by yourself.
Step 1 — Download the Ad Inserter Plugin
To make things more accessible for you, we made a research and picked up the best option — Ad Inserter plugin — a powerful tool for ad management.
Please note that using this plugin you can insert ads in different places on your WordPress site but in this article, we particularly focus on the Blog Archive Page.
Log into your WordPress Dashboard, install and activate Ad Inserter plugin (free) by going to Appearance → Plugins. Just type the name in the Search box and take it from there.
Step 2 — Insert the First Ad on Your Blog Archive Page
The next details assist you in the process of inserting the first ad, so please follow them accordingly. To make it much easier to get it done right, please watch this short video:
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard under Settings → Ad Inserter, click on Block 1 tab and insert a link to a banner with the format: <img src=“banner.jpg”> (screenshot).
- Under the Editor, select from Automatic Insertion — Between Posts, Alignment and Style — Center and check the options to show the ad On All Posts and Homepage (screenshot).
- Click on Misc tab and make sure you do follow the steps below (screenshot):
- Choose to display the ad for All Users;
- Decide where you want to display the ad on the Archive Page. To do that, you need to add filter insertions by specifying wanted calls for this ad.
- Make sure that Ajax option is checked here;
- Select the option Insert Immediately.
- On the right upper corner click on Ad Inserter Settings button and add the Block Class Name from the wrapping div, in this case, grid__item (screenshot).
- Click Save Settings button and enjoy your first ad banner from the Blog Archive Page.
If you want to place more than a single ad, you just need to follow the same steps. Please note that you can also use different ad formats, not just static banners. We recommend starting with Ad Inserter Common Settings for a better understanding of how it works.