We want to help you start with the right foot in order to fully enjoy our WordPress theme. This why, you need to make sure you have a solid foundation for what’s next by installing WordPress, the theme you’ve chosen from our portfolio, and the right plugins. In this article, we will walk you through a friendly process of setting up the theme in a way that’s correct and trustworthy.
Step 1 ⎯ Installing WordPress
The process of installing WordPress is quite easy and friendly, no need to worry about that. Most of the web hosts providers give you a helping hand and automatically achieve this first step so you can immediately start playing with the content. However, if it’s your first time dealing with it and you need an in-depth guideline, we highly recommend to check out this one.
Step 2 — Downloading the Theme
Once you are done with the previous step, all you have to do next is to return to the Order E-mail you have in your inbox. From there you can get the theme files through the Download Link.
At the same time, you can also download the theme by accessing the My Account on our website.
Step 3 — Installing the Theme
Being at this stage is already a win, so the next steps will only shed some light about how to continue without hesitations.
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard and navigate to Appearance → Themes. Click Add New button at the top of the page and afterward go to the Upload one.
- To upload the file just choose the ZIP archive downloaded earlier and click Install Now.
- Once the file has is uploaded, click the Activate link.
Step 4 — Installing Suggested Plugins
After theme activation, all you have to do is to install and activate the plugins that provide the needed functionality for your site. Just follow the top banner instructions and you should be ready to go.
Step 5 — Making use of Jetpack
The Jetpack plugin is a wonderful piece of kit from the creators of WordPress, Automattic. You get new gallery types, social sharing, stats, backup, even a free CDN powered by the massive infrastructure at WordPress.com (called Photon). Through Jetpack you get a whole lot of functionality for free and this is why we have based our themes on it. We believe everyone should take advantage of the work that is put into it on a daily basis.
In order to use its features, you just need to click the “Connect to WordPress.com” button, login with your WordPress.com account (or create one) and click “Authorize Jetpack”.
Now you can jump to the next step of Activating the Theme, and move forward in order to keep making things happen.
Unable to create directory? Theme install failed.
There are a bunch of reasons why you can’t install the theme directly through the WordPress Dashboard, such as limited writing permissions. To overwrite this behavior, you need to copy the theme files directly through FTP, as explained below.
- First thing first, you need to get an FTP client like FileZilla or CyberDuck — both are free and cross-platform compatible software.
- The second phase is to access the web host server and locate the WordPress installation. Then upload the unzipped theme in ../wp-content/themes/ folder.
- Right after navigate to the Appearance → Themes section and click on the Activate button.