This article is aimed at helping you troubleshoot some of the most common issues encountered when trying to activate your pixelgrade license, from within your Theme Dashboard page.
This error means that your oAuth token has been invalidated, usually due to a previously failed login attempt.
The easiest way to fix would be to re-generate your oAuth token by following these two simple steps:
1. From your WordPress Dashboard go to Appearance → Theme Dashboard → System Status.
2. Scroll way down to the bottom of the page and hit the Reset button.
Note: This will only reset your Pixelgrade Care configuration – it will affect absolutely nothing else on your website (like posts, pages, customization changes, etc).
401 – Unauthorized error
This error mostly occurs when logging in through Envato. The most common cause for this is that the token that has been generated by Envato after clicking the Login With Envato button has either expired or has been invalidated.
Luckily there’s an easy fix for this as well. All you need to do is to follow these steps in order to regenerate your token:
1. Logout from your pixelgrade.com account.
2. Hit the Disconnect button from your WordPress Dashboard→ Appearance → Theme Dashboard.
3. Hit the Connect to pixelgrade.com button from your WordPress Dashboard→ Appearance → Theme Dashboard.
Recurrent 401 (Unauthorized) errors
This basically means that the instructions above did not fix the before mentioned error. Generally, this happens because of some sort of HTTP request caching mechanism that has been enabled on your server, which means that your server will still be trying to connect with the broken token.
One thing you can try here would be to clear your server’s cache. This can be done by you directly or, if you’re uncomfortable doing this, by contacting your hosting provider for additional instructions / help.