With Hive, we’ve added a special feature to your titles, allowing for an extra layer of typography. This feature is available both in archives — including the homepage — and in single‐post views. It will not modify your titles, it will only impact their visual style.
You can deactivate this feature by going to the Appearance → Customize → Hive Options tab, and checking the Disable auto‐style post titles checkbox.
Titles Styling Rules
The Auto‐style post titles feature uses a series of rules based on your title’s punctuation marks and letter case. At the moment these include:
- Uppercase words and words followed by an exclamation mark are made «bold»;
- Everything in quotes or parentheses are made «italic»;
- Everything between : and ? or ! is made «italic»;
- Everything before : is made «bold»;
- In a title with only a ? in it, everything at the left of the question mark is «bold», and everything at the right «italic».