We live in a world where sharing has become a natural way of acting and reacting. We’re eager to let people know about amazing places, tasty food, or bold experiences.
That’s why social icons are much more than a witty approach to spreading messages. In fact, they are a solid gateway to encourage your audience to follow and connect with you by having a cordial and welcoming attitude. Moreover, it is a powerful strategy to create and consolidate a community relevant to your website.
The following steps give you a helping hand to get the social media icons. Just stick to the plan, and you are going to succeed.
- The very first move is to go to Appearance → Customize → Menus and click on Create New Menu button. Give it a name like “Social Menu”
- Under the Menu Locations area, check the “Social Menu” checkbox and click on Next;
- The next step is to add items to your new menu. Click on Add Items and in the new section that opens, click on Custom Links;
- Start adding links to each of the social media platforms you want to display on your website like this:
- In the URL area add the URL for your social media profile (e.g., https://instagram.com/pixelgrade);
- In the Link Text area add a name for that social media platform (e.g., Instagram);
- Repeat this step for each social profile.
- When you’re done, click on the Publish button at the top.
The helpful video below guides you through the whole process:
Which social icons are supported?
The theme automatically recognizes your social media network and adds the appropriate icon.
We support a bunch of social services, but we encourage you to be aware that not all of them bring real value. Also, don’t abuse these channels because nothing good will happen. Depending on your website and your goals, search for the right social services. Start by finding out where your audience likes to spend time and try to create witty liaisons.
However, here’s the complete list: Email, RSS Feeds (links with “feed” or “RSS”), Behance, Delicious, DeviantArt, Digg, Dribbble, Facebook, Flickr, FourSquare, GitHub, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Reddit, Skype, SoundCloud, Spotify, StumbleUpon, Tumblr, Twitter, Vimeo, Vine, Vkontakte, Sina Weibo, Xing, Yahoo, AngelList, Yelp, LastFM, SlideShare, and Twitch.