Creating the Contact Page
The Contact page is one of the most important pages on your website. In the end, you invest time, energy, and money to build a digital reputation because you want to engage with people and promote your work. That’s why creating such a page is an important task that you should consider. In this article, we walk you through the steps you need to follow to create a consistent Contact page.
Step 1 — Install a contact form plugin
We recommend using the WPForms Lite plugin—it’s one of the best drag-and-drop form builders we’ve tested so far. You can install this plugin by clicking on the Pixelgrade tab → scroll to the Manage Plugins section, and click on Install next to the “Contact Form” area.
Alternatively, you can install it by going into Plugins → Add New → search for “WPForms.” Once you find it, click on Install and then on Activate. You can opt anytime for the WPForms PRO version for more addons and options.
Step 2 — Create a Contact Form
You can create a simple form by following these steps:
- Go to the WPForms tab that shows up after you install the plugin and click on the Add New button;
- Enter a name for your form and select a template. We recommend to use the Simple Contact Form template;
- Now that you have selected a template, the Form Builder will take you to the Fields screen. Here you can customize the form fields, buttons, and options. Learn more about how to use these settings from this starting guide;
- Once your form is done, click on Save from the top right corner.
Here’s a helpful video:
Step 3 — Add the form to the Contact page
- From your site WordPress dashboard, add a new page and name it “Contact” or similar;
- Click on the [+] sign and search for “WPForms.” Alternatively, you can also write /wpforms and hit the Enter/Return key on your keyboard;
- In the block that shows up, select the form you just created;
- Save the page, and you’re done.
Step 4 — Add a Map on the Contact page
For a while now, Google has made it a little harder for people to use custom Google Maps on their websites by requiring an API key for each website. So first, you need to get yourself such a key. You can learn how to do that by reading this article.
Now that you have the API key, follow these steps to save it on your site:
- Log in into your WordPress Dashboard and navigate to the newly created Contact page or to another page where you want the Map to show;
- Click on the [+] button and add the Map of the World block;
- Add the API key in the field that shows up and hit Save;
- Start customizing the map block by searching for your location and customizing the look and feel.