An announcement bar lets everyone visiting your site know about an important message that you want to communicate: latest news, an offer, a special event, etc. You can also find this block mentioned as Promo Bar, Welcome Header Bar or Top Bar and it’s basically the same concept.
Whether you have an announcement for a promotion or a custom update to make, it’s one of the easiest ways to get your visitors’ attention. This message can be:
- Informational – A note that tells visitors about your Social Media page, or scheduled site maintenance
- Promotional – A note to announce an event, a promotion, a change to your hours, or a holiday special.
Here are some great ways you can use the Announcement Bar along with some examples of content that you can start with:
- Newsletter Sign Up: Sign up for my newsletter and get access to free educational resources
- Social Media: Find me on Twitter for more updates, tips, and offers
- Product Offer:
- Get 30% off on selected items this week only!
- Christmas Special Offer! Sign up and Receive 20% OFF coupon code
- New Product: Now Available: Collector’s Edition of Connection Vessels.
- Blog Post: Check out our latest blog post
- Announcement: We’re currently on holiday and will return on the 21st of November.
Add an Announcement Bar
To make the announcement bar visible on every page of your site you need to place it in the Promo Bar area that you can find on Appearance → Block Areas.
To add an Announcement Bar block to your content click the ⊕ inserter button inside the editor and search for “Announcement”. Alternatively, you can just type
/announcement and press enter.
Customize the Design
You can customize the design (choose the colors to fit your branding system) and behavior of the Announcement Bar block from right sidebar Inspector.