Visual content is the new hit in the digital world, so no wonder why Instagram is getting so much traction these days. Focusing on this particular channel might be a good strategy in the long run. It allows you to connect in a powerful way with your community. In this article, we walk you through the main steps of adding an Instagram feed widget on your website.
Step 1 – How to start?
There are dozens of options which can make the trick, but we’ve tested the WP Instagram Widget plugin and we’re happy with the results, so we’ll stick with this one.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Download the WP Instagram Widget by following this link.
- Log in to your Dashboard, go to Plugins and click on Add new
- To install the plugin, click on Upload Plugin → Choose file and select the .zip file called (wp-instagram-widget-master.zip)
- Once you found it click on Install Now, and then on Activate plugin
Step 2 – How to customize it?
This plugin gives you plenty of freedom to adjust it to your needs. To play around with several options you need to go to Dashboard → Appearance → Customize, click on Widgets → Footer, and click on Add a Widget button. Once you added the widget by searching for (Instagram) into the Search widgets box, the widgets should appear in your widget sidebar area. As you can see in the following screenshot:
Check out this short video to get it right without losing valuable time.
Step 3 – How to display the Instagram feed?
You can easily display the Instagram feed wherever you want across your website: inside a page, a post or in the Footer area. After deciding the right place, just go back to where the widget is placed, and click on Instagram widget. Now go to the @username or #tag field and add the username of your Instagram.
Depending on the destination of the Instagram feed you just need to paste it. For instance, if you plan to display it in the footer, here’s another method for doing that:
- Go to Dashboard → Appearance, and click on Widgets;
- Drag-and-drop the Instagram widget beneath the Footer area section add the username to the @username or #tag: field.
- Click Save, and you’re done since your Instagram feed is now showcased in the footer.
By following these steps you can now easily showcase your latest Instagram photos.