Pile offers seamless integration with many 3rd party plugins, taking the plugins‐route rather than stuffing functionality inside the theme (themes are a sad place for functionality). This flexibility allows you to juggle with a great variety of new ideas for your project, easily mixing various plugins to achieve your specific goals.
You get to decide what goes into your site — if you don’t need some functionality you simply don’t install that specific plugin. You will get a faster, more dependable site, far from the likely bloat that comes pre‐packaged with similar products.
All the core functionality of Pile is available through free plugins, as following:
- Customify (*required): Add the Styling Options in Appearance → Customize.
- PixTypes (*required): Add the Page Builder system and other page options.
- PixCodes (optional): WordPress shortcodes plugin everywhere. Loaded with shortcodes, awesomeness and more.
- WooCommerce (optional): You can add an eCommerce Store using the most popular eCommerce plugin, just like we did in our demo.
- Yoast SEO (recommended): We use this highly popular, free plugin on the demo.
- WP Rocket (paid): While a paid option, this will surely make up for it through sheer simplicity and ease of mind. It’s probably the best caching plugin around for the most of us (some hints supporting this claim).
- WP Forms (recommended): You’ll be able to achieve the same contact form functionality like in our demo. Simple but flexible.
- Simple Page Ordering (recommended): It helps you rearrange Projects on the portfolio archive page.