We’re a design‐centered studio who shares a real passion for typography and all its characteristics: from admeasurement to spacing until hierarchy. That’s why we have a strong focus on offering you enough room in order to find the right match between the type layer and your unique branding approach.
Changing the font style and characteristics
Using Osteria theme you can make different font adjustments — change font family, weight, and size, set a letter spacing and choose a text decoration. Depending on what particular text you’re willing to adjust, there’s a specific path for each one.
- Navigation and Font Page Widget text: Appearance → Customize → Header → Fonts tab (screenshot);
- Main Content, including Page Title, Body Text, Quote Blog and Intro Blog font: Appearance → Customize → Main Content → Fonts tab;
- Footer Text, including Headings and Body Font: Appearance→ Customize → Footer → Fonts tab;
- Blog Archive, including Item Title and Item Meta Primary and Secondary fonts: Appearance→ Customize → Blog Grid Items → Fonts tab;
We’ve internally developed Typeline, a smart calculator to accurately and correctly adjust fonts and sizes taking into consideration a wide range of devices and requirements. Thanks to this tool and the automated calculation system we’ve build, now you’re sure you to use the right sizes on the right gadgets. One worry less.
- Limit yourself to only a few fonts: it’s best to stick with two fonts but if you’re feeling ambitious, three is the maximum.
- We recommend you to always use headings in order to create hierarchy and coherence within the structure of one page or another.
Use Premium Fonts
If you want to go even further, you can always appeal to custom fonts. You can quickly make that happen through seamless integration with Fonto, our side‐project. For further details, you can read this helpful article about this plugin.