If you need to showcase another kind of works that needs some text to go along with your images and videos, projects may be the perfect choice for you. In this article, we will explain the main workflow of adding and customizing a project. You can add new projects from Projects → Add New page.
All you have to do in order to enrich your project with images is to click on Add Image and a modal window will show up (the Media Uploader). Here you can Drag & Drop images from your computer or add already uploaded images to the project
*Note: In the same modal window, after adding images you can drag & drop them to change their order.
Projects Specific Options
When creating/editing a project, under the editor panel and the Project Details you have a series of settings that allow you to control the slideshow (each project displays it’s gallery in the form of a slider) and some information like client name or client link.
- Client Name — Allows you to enter the client name which will be displayed in the FrontEnd;
- Client Link — Allows you to enter the client link which will be displayed as a hyperlink over the Client Name;
- Template Style — Allows you to choose between Full Width Slider, Sidebar Right and Classic;
- Image Scaling — Allows you to control how we will layout the images in the given screen space of the slider. The Fill setting scales image to completely fill slider container (recommended for landscape images). The Fit option scales image to fit the container (recommended for portrait images). The Fit if Smaller setting scales image to fit only if size of slider container is less than size of image and the Auto Height scales the container to fit the full‐size image;
- Show Nearby Images — If enabled, you’ll avoid having empty space on the sides of the image when using mostly portrait images;
- Slider Autoplay — Allows you to set the slider to automatically start when loading the page. Once activated you have the option of setting the Autoplay Delay Between Slides (in milliseconds);
- Exclude From Archives.
Adding Videos to a Project
Every image from the project slider can behave as a holder of a YouTube or Vimeo video.
From the edit gallery modal window, when selecting an image, an optional Video URL input field will appear in the right sidebar. There you can paste a YouTube/Vimeo link along with choosing if you want to Enable Video Autoplay option.
This is all about creating projects. We hope you enjoy the tools we have devised to help you beautifully showcase your awesome creations.
- Managing Galleries
- Managing Related Projects and Posts
- How to Reorder Galleries and Projects
- Can I change the “Portfolio/Galleries” slug?