The ‘Contact’ page helps the website visitors reaching you more easily by checking your work location and more.
Step 1 — Install Contact form 7
You can simply install and activate Contact Form 7 by going into the Plugins → Add New page.
Step 2 — Create a contact form
- Create a simple form by following the plugin’s starting guide.
- You can either follow the default contact form setup or set it up just like on our demo by using the code below:
<p>[text* your-name placeholder "Your name"]</p> <p>[email* your-email placeholder "Email"]</p> <p>[text your-phone placeholder "Phone"]</p> <p>[textarea* textarea-241 x3 placeholder "Message"]</p> [submit "Send"]
Step 3 — Create a “Contact” page
- From your site WP dashboard, add a new page and name it “Contact” or similar.
- Go to Contact→ Contact forms and copy and paste the code found next to the previously created form into the editor.
- Use the custom shortcodes to in order to have a better looking ‘Contact’ page. You can start with the setup from our official demo by using the code below:
[row cols_nr="2"] [col size="4"] Insert content here. [/col] [col size="8"] <h3>Want to work with me?</h3> [contact-form-7 id="4" title="The contact form"] [/col] [/row]
*Note: Replace id=“4” with your own contact form ID.
Step 4 — Customize the ‘Contact’ page
You can add a Google Maps URL and enable or disable the custom styling for it from Appearance → Customizer → Theme options → General.