Being a dedicated writer on your blog could get you into monetising your content. That’s why we offer multiple ways through with you can include ads or advertise your products on your website.
Recommended sizes for banners
Here are the widget areas and the optimal sizes for banners:
- Sidebar area — 300px wide (fixed)
- Front Page: Sidebar 1 and 2 - 400px (fixed)
- Content area — 950px wide
- Full‐width area — 1300px wide
- If you don’t have a Google AdSense account, you can easily create one or log in with your Gmail account.
- When you’re all set up, create a new ad unit on your Google AdSense account in My ads → New ad unit
- Now all you have to do is select the size of your ad and customize it as you wish.
- When you’re done, hit Save and get the code. Google AdSense will generate a code, the Ad code.
- Now go to Appearance→ Customize→ Widgets and select any widget area you want. Click on Add Widget and add a new Text widget.
- Insert the Ad code into the Text widget. Now your ad should show up on your website 😃
- Load your banner in the Media Library (Dashboard→ Media→ Add new).
- Click on your banner in the Media Library. On the right of your image, copy the link from the URL box.
- Go to Appearance -> Customize→ Widgets and select a widget area you would like and add a new Text widget.
- In the Text widget add the following code: <a href=“[INSERT PRODUCT LINK HERE]”><img src=“[INSERT IMAGE URL]”></a>
- Replace [INSERT IMAGE URL] with the image URL you got from your banner in the Media Library.
- Replace [INSERT PRODUCT LINK HERE] with the link to the page/website you would want your banner to redirect.