We want to help you start with the right foot in order to fully enjoy our WordPress theme. This why, you need to make sure you have a solid foundation for what’s next by installing WordPress, the theme you’ve chosen from our portfolio, and the right plugins. In this article, we will walk you through a friendly process of setting up the theme in a way that’s correct and trustworthy.
Step 1 — Installing the theme
- Get the theme files by going to your Envato account → Downloads → Theme Name → Download → Installable WordPress file only
- Back to the WordPress Dashboard and navigate to Appearance → Themes. Click Add New button at the top of the page and go for the Upload option.
- For the file upload, pick the ZIP archive downloaded earlier from ThemeForest and click Install Now.
- Once the file has been uploaded, click the Activate link.
Step 2 — Installing required and recommended plugins
Follow the top banner instructions and install/activate the required and recommended plugins.
Missing the Stylesheet Error during the process?
Most of the time this happens because you are trying to install the wrong .ZIP archive you’ve downloaded from ThemeForest.
When you try to download the theme you have just purchased you are presented with 2 different options (besides the license file):
The first one is Main Files and this contains all the files provided including documentation, theme files, etc;
- The second one is Installable WordPress file and this is just an archive of the theme files; this is the .ZIP archive you want to use to install the theme.